UIDAI introduces Baal Aadhar for children below 5 years. No biometric specifications like iris ,facial photograph, finger prints etc of a kid are needed for this Baal aadhar enrollment.
All the official tweets from UIDAI are-
- A child below 5 years of age gets blue -coloured Aadhar called Baal Aadhar. When the child becomes 5 yr old, a mandatory update is required.
- School ID of the child can be used as his/her proof of identity for aadhar.
- Remember to update biometric Aadhar data of your child at the age of 5 years and then again at the age of 15 years. This mandatory biometric update for children is FREE.
>If after 10 years of age limit of 5 years the regular card is not issued then Baal aadhar is suspended.
>To differentiate Baal aadhar from other aadhar ,a blue coloured aadhar will be issued.
>Aadhar enrollment requires child birth certificate and also the aadhar of one of the parent. Child aadhar will be linked to the one of the parent aadhar.
>This will be used for further studies ,scholarships etc.
How to get Baal Aadhar?
- Visit your nearest aadhar enrollment centre with your kid and go the form.
- One of the parent aadhar along with kid birth certificate is required. A photo of the kid will be taken .
- Parent’s and kid’s aadhar will be linked. Submit your info like mobile number and address.
- A confirmation SMS will be received after registration.
- A period of 60 days are required to get the aadhar after receiving an SMS.
So get your toddler enrolled …stay tuned for more updates…