It has been approximately 75 years that kids are playing with LEGO.World’s largest selling toys are manufactured by the LEGO company.
The foundation of this huge empire was done by an ordinary carpenter.Nearly, 80 years ago christiansen used to do carpentry near his house.when his son, Godtfred Kirk Christiansen was interupting in his work then he designed toys with the waste wood pieces.Other kids also got attracted towards it by which all the parents came and asked to prepare the toys.Thinking that this would be more profitable and thus started making toys as a business.He stopped carpentry.Next he used plastic for preparing toys instead of wood as it would become easy to handle,light weight .Then he thought that it would be boring to play with this only toy. So started making small bricks called Lego bricks by which kids can enjoy in building their own toy.The small, colorful bricks that encouraged in improving child’s imagination ,creativity too .These simple building blocks keep children as young as 5 engaged in creating castles, towns and space stations and anything else their creative minds can think of. This is the epitome of the educational toy wrapped up in fun.
Just to know how the company has evolved its small workshop into a big empire continue reading the below article…….
- The Lego Group began in the workshop of Ole Kirk Christiansen (1891–1958), a carpenter from Billund, Denmark, who began making wooden toys in 1932.
- Name of the company LEGO came from the Danish words “LEg GOdt,” meaning “play well.”
- In 1953, the automatic binding bricks were renamed LEGO bricks.
- In 1957, the interlocking principle of LEGO bricks was born.
- In 1958, patent rights of stud-and-coupling system was taken , which adds stability to built pieces. And this transformed them into the LEGO bricks. Also in 1958, Ole Kirk Christiansen passed away and his son Godtfred became head of the LEGO company.
- In 1961 and 1962 saw the introduction of the first Lego wheels, an addition that expanded the potential for building cars, trucks, buses and other vehicles from Lego bricks.
- On 7 June 1968, the first Legoland Park was opened in Billund. This theme park featured elaborate models of miniature towns built entirely from Lego bricks
Now Lego has built its vast empire across the world and selling their toys in large number. This is just a glance on building the LEGO ‘s empire across the world . Hope you have got an idea about building of this LEGO company.
Keep reading our articles ,share ,subscribe to know more interesting topics and support us…