Now finally, payment feature of Whatsapp has been rolled out in India.This feature is available on both ios and android. Payments feature is backed up with UPI to send money directly to bank accounts. Most of the popular banks support this. To perform payments,first you need to setup whatsapp payment feature.
- Update your WhatsApp and get to the latest version
- Go to settings and select payment option.
- Add your bank account by selecting option ” Add new bank account”.
- Accept the terms and conditions that are provided and get your mobile number verified.
- Then ,the bank accounts linked with the whatsapp number will be displayed .
- Select the account you want to choose and provide some details of debit card like expiry date .. Setup UPI pin if not exist.
- It is not possible to link new number with bank account . It also provides history of transactions .
It is impossible to send money to your friends unless they have payment option. Just go to the attach option ,select payment,then enter money you want to send and can write note also .To authorize your payment enter UPI pin. Your money transaction along with note will be shown as a chat conversation .
This is available in personal chat and as well as in group chat. In group chat, choose a number which you want and get your payment done .If no payment feature is updated in recipient mobile ,then no chance of sending .Moreover, you cannot pay money to verified business accounts /merchants (like BookMyShow or MakeMyTrip ) because the service is only peer-to-peer (i.e. person to person)..
So guys enjoy easy transactions with whatsapp payment feature…